Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Human Resources, this position supports the TCC Human Resources staff. The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for administrative and clerical support to the HR department and employees regarding human resources related activities, policies, processes, and procedures. The Human Resources Assistant supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration and teamwork, innovation, respect, empathy, caring, commitment to our community and accountability and ownership. This position strives to be efficient, effective and collaborative and to demonstrate professionalism, accountability while following departmental policies, procedures, and protocols. This employee must be responsible, reliable and dependable.
Essential Job Functions:
- Helps with the day-to-day operations of the HR department. This individual will be responsible for answering general employee questions, data entry, and document uploads into the HR/Payroll system.
- Assist Chief HR Officer with projects, scheduling meeting, invoice tracking etc.
- Answer the phone system and direct calls as required
- General clerical duties: filing, ordering supplies
- Update and maintain employee records.
- Conduct research and basic analysis of data, determine the accuracy of available information, review source documents to obtain and compile critical data, identify data sources and obtain the required information.
- Perform additional tasks assigned by management.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Answers telephone, relays messages and greets visitors in a professional and compassionate manner.
- Complete and prepare various types of administrative task.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 + general office experience in a clerical, administrative assistant and/or general office capacity role.
- Healthcare and HR experience preferred.
- PowerPoint, Word, Excel experience required.
- The physical demands of this position are those necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.