Western Health manages three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. It also operates the Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a culturally diverse population of more than 800,000 people. We have more than 6,700 employees who are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES).
Our continued growth will see the completion of a new purpose built, multi-storey Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
About the Role
We are seeking a part time Senior Occupational Therapist to join our Paediatric team. The successful applicant will become part of a highly skilled and experienced multidisciplinary team as well as providing leadership and support to other Occupational Therapists. The exciting transition to the new Joan Kirner Women’s & Children’s in 2019 will also provide opportunities to help inform the future occupational therapy care delivery at Western Health
- Maternity leave locum, Part Time 45.6 hour fortnight
- Locum period finishing 15nd December 2019
- Support from the Occupational Therapy Department and associated managers
- Based at the Sunshine Hospital
Skills & Experience
- Current registration with APHRA
- Possess excellent paediatric clinical and organisation skills
- Experience and skills with infants and young children with medically complex presentations
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience and/or ADOS qualifications in order to assist with Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnoses would be highly valued
We offer a wide range of benefits such as:
- Work-life balance
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Onsite fitness clubs
- Culturally safe and respectful environment
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
At Western Health, we value our employees and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience. Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a working with children’s check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.